I am again humbled by one of my fellow bloggers. Today I received an award from http://thecasualphilosopher.wordpress.com/ who is now known as The Casual Rider. We share a common love of equines and also share the same highs and lows that come with having a piece of sport’s equipment capable of independent thought.
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD:
As I understand from The Casual Rider’s blog, The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.”
Many bloggers aren’t into the award aspect of WordPress. If I nominated one of you, please don’t feel like you have to put the award on your page. I have received awards and do a post about them, and then they are rarely seen on my page again because I have no idea how to embellish my blog. Most of the awards come with all sorts of things which have to be done. Some people just don’t have that kind of time, so understood. My apologies if you have already received the award. How can more than one nomination be a bad thing!
Blogs I have nominated are those I find inspiring, interesting, beautiful, humorous, and otherwise engaging. As I am awful with the minute details of WordPress, I am not certain that all these blogs meet the less than 200 follower criteria, but I have them all in my reader and they are all awesome.
My 11 questions to my nominees:
1. Dogs or cats?
2. Favorite dessert?
3. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?
4. Spring, summer, fall or winter?
5. Glass half full or half empty?
6. Can you play an instrument?
7. Facebook or Twitter?
8. Why do you blog?
9. How do you keep up with the world? TV, internet, newspaper?
10. What do you like most about blogging?
11. Do you read blogs on subjects different than your primary blog subject?
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
I can consume 6 donuts in one sitting if given the chance – not saying I should or that I do this regularly, but I have in the past. Wine is divine. I cannot whistle… I do not like my feet. I can walk in 4 inch heels, but trip when walking up the stairs. My horse’s get new shoes more frequently than I do. Peonies are my favorite flower. I do not like walnuts. I love decorating Christmas cookies. I love deep-sea fishing even though I rarely get to go. I believe that chocolate should be a food group.
The Answers to the questions given to me:
1. Do you speak a foreign language? Sadly, no. It is on my list of things to do, but keeps getting bumped by “vacuum dog hair again.”
2. Have you adopted any stray or rescue animals? Yes, all my dogs are rescues.
3. Any arts/crafts you do? I dabble in many but am proficient at none.
4. Favorite junk food? TNTC (too numerous to count), but I do have a big weakness for potato chips.
5. Introvert or extrovert? Depends on the day and the situation.
6. Last movie seen, or watched at home? Sherlock Holmes – Game of Shadows
7. Book you are currently reading? Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui
8. Why do you blog? So that years from now, I will remember the mundane details that are part of my adventure with my young horse.
9. How many countries have you lived in? Two, the US and the Philippines.
10. What do you like most about blogging? The creative writing aspect.
11. Do you read blogs on subjects different than your primary blog subject? Yes, there are some really creative people out there.
Thanks again to my blogger buddy The Casual Rider for the nomination. I will fill you in on our weekly lesson later this week. Suffice to say that Ike and I had to have a discussion about his listening skills…naughty, naughty pony.